Laravel Starter Example
This is a Laravel starter app that connects to a Railway Postgres database.
💁♀️ How to use
- Dockerfile: The
Dockerfile and associated files in
docker/ are based on Laravel Sail PHP 8.0
- Plugin Config: To connect to a Railway Plugin, Postgres for example, you will need to utilize the environment variables listed for that plugin in the Railway Docs.
.env.example for an example of using these with Postgres.
- Web server port: Railway dynamically assigns a port for your webserver. We grab the
$PORT environment variable in
docker/start-container to set this on Artisan
- Logging: Because the disk on Railway containers is ephemeral, we pipe the logs normally output to
stdout as seen here
- APP_KEY: This starter will automatically generate the
php artisan key:generate in the
- Migrations: This starter automatically runs migrations on deploy (in the